Monday, October 09, 2006

Ishq Hai Tumse

So I finally caught 'Ishq Hai Tumse', starring Dino Morea and Bipasha Basu. I'm not exactly a big fan of either of the actors when the movie came out, and had dismissed it as just another common storyline, with a soundtrack that didn't quite touch me or linger in my mind.
But tonight, with my whole family out shopping, and me stuck at home feeling a little under the weather, I decided to catch whatever movie that was screening on Zee...and tonight's special being Ishq Hai Tumse. I was beginning to appreciate both Dino and Bipasha's acting now, so I thought I'd give this movie a chance, though I still didn't think Bipasha didn't quite fit the good muslim girl role.

As expected, it was a typical love story, fathers are good friends, the couple fell in love, and the big problem was cos he's hindu and the girl's muslim. Revealing how they feel about each other would break their fathers' years of friendship, and Dino could never tell Bipasha his true feelings. And of course, his secret was discovered, and the fathers were actually happy with the alliance, regardless of the religion. I guess that's ok in India.

Bipasha's acting was better than expected, for a movie that I damned in my selections. Especially since I thought it was so commercial, and definitely banking on Dino and Bips' relationship in real life. Bipasha is getting better and better with each movie... I especially liked her in Madhoshi(where she pairs up with her current squeeze, John Abraham), where she plays a schizo...woooo.....it was a little scary.

Here's a song from the movie:


Anyways, I'm still trying to sleep...

Ciao for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home