Saturday, August 05, 2006

Nacho Libre

One of the funniest movies I've ever watched.
I'm not really a huge fan of Jack Black, cos he still wavers between slapstick comedy and witty humour.

But the storyline really caught my eye - Friar Ignatio puts on a mask to moonlight as the wrestler Nacho, in a bid to raise money for the orphans. He pairs up with this skinny guy, who's really dirty looking, and who had been stealing the chips for the orphans. Together, Nacho and Esqueleto plan to take over the wrestling arena.

Oh, Nacho also has a love interest, a new nun, Sister Encarnacion, and he tries his best to keep his intentions hidden, but does it very poorly, with much hilarious results. My favourite scenes would include the part where he sends a letter to her, informing her of his impending fight with the biggest wrestler, Ramses, and the song he made up for her. Notice that he keeps suppressing his feelings, and tries to tell her in a hypothetical manner bt how much he wants to be with her in the letter. The song is an outright plea for both to break their vows.

Esqueleto must be one of the best discoveries Hollywood comedy has made since long. It's just his face and accent that cracks you up, and his ability to hold out his own with Jack Black, their chemistry onscreen is just Wow.

Definitely buying the DVD...one of those movies where you can leave your brains outside the theatre, and indulge in pure entertainment.

Cast:

Jack Black .... Nacho
Ana de la Reguera .... Sister Encarnación
Héctor Jiménez .... Esqueleto

Trailer:



Oh!
One more...
A new colleague just joined the office, and he shares the same real name and nick name as Jack Black's character. He is nothing like Jack Black though. Our Nacho seems real nice, and I'm sure we'll all work great together.

I have to keep telling myself to stop laughing the first few days, cos everytime I see him, I think of the funny lines said by Jack Black's character, esp since my sister and me have been using the lines over and over again on each other.

Alrighty, off to bed now.

Love
Mocca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home