Friday, August 04, 2006

Hello Everyone!

To all Bollywood and Hollywood fans out there.....
(actually, probably more Bollywood than Hollywood fans)

First of all, here's a short introduction of myself.

I have been obsessed with Hindi movies since as far back as I can remember...
I don't know if it was when Amitach belted out "John Jaani Janathan"(movie-Naseeb), or when Poonam Dhillon swung her beautiful long hair in Yeh Vaada Raha, but somewhere, I got caught up in the reality of the unreal, and for some reason it all makes sense to me.

A form of escapism, Bollywood films have that power of taking you out of your seat into a totally different world, where the good guys always win, where love always triumphs, and where families and cultures are always firmly rooted. Ok fine, I can't really say that about the films these days.

Breaking away from traditional Filmi story techniques, Bollywood is fast evolving into more Hollywood styled films, with less songs, more intellectual suspense, themes that are more individualistic, breaking away from the social, cultural and family template that Bollywood films have been made up of for the past say 80 years.

The irony of it all is that as Bollywood tries to emulate Hollywood, their western counterparts have suddenly taken interest in adding Indian filmi elements to Hollywood films... some stars have also made a crossover with pretty ok results. A notable film with obvious Bollywood influence is Moulin Rouge, where song and dance were scattered strategically throughout the film, in total filmi style.

But no matter what, for some reason, in whatever situation I'm in, there's always a song, a movie or a movie quote that comes to my mind. Yes, it is very drama... but perhaps I am a little looney that way.

So, here I am hoping to bring to you the low down on movies that I've watched, yes, Independent and foreign films will be included too. And of course, there will be songs, videos, pictures, and the weaving of these into my otherwise very mundane life.

Before I end, here's one from Naseeb.... with Amitabh.... John Jaani Janathan!




Mocca.

1 Comments:

Blogger M@DHUR! said...

Join the BOLLooneYWOOD club!!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home